Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mayo's Duck Farm, Orleans, MA Cape Cod Recipes

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my mother's death.  When she passed away, I just browsed and browsed through her recipes.  She was a wonderful mother and a true from scratch cook and baker.  She amassed many recipes and these are from Mayo's Duck Farm, which was in Orleans, MA on the way to Nauset and a real old-fashioned slow food community unto itself.  There's a great write up in the wicked local section of the paper on Mayo’s Farm Kitchen, a lunch spot, bakery and catering, recalling Old Orleans. 


I have in my own Treasured Recipes cookbook, a recipe from there, acquired by my Mom.  My aunt Jo-Jo and her were great at getting the recipes from restaurants and the locals.  Ah, that was back in THE day!

Here are recipes for Lemon Meringue Pie and Applesauce Squares:  Please let us know if you enjoy these old-fashioned recipes.  Vaya con Dios.




and the reverse side of the Applesauce Squares:




4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Orleans to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your inquiry.
    Sure, you may share the Mayo's Duck Farm recipes.


    Sincerely,

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandparents owned Mayo's farm kitchen, it was before my time but my mother still makes many of these recipes to this day :)

    Chris Taber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, that is wonderful! I was a kid when I went there whilst on vacation at the Cape. I'm so glad you wrote in, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete