Monday, September 7, 2020

 I saw Cheri at the garden today and she suggested I share the recipe for bug spray.

This is what I do:

Natural bug spray

I started using this, because I had a tick bite in early June. 

This came from a base of a lavender disinfectant recipe

Srpay Bottle

5 oz Distilled Water 

5 oz alcohol (I use Witch Hazel instead) and probably more than that.

10 drops tea tree oil

15 drops clove oil

10 drops lavender oil

8-10 lemongrass oil (or lemon oil)

10 drops oregano

I also add a few drops of patchouli oil, eucalyptus, rosemary and sage oil) 

Mix all together, swirl and spray.

I don't always use these exact amounts, because sometimes I don't want to use the eyedropper and just shake the drops in. 

Can also be used as a linen spray, doesn't discolor anything.  

I have very sensitive skin and can't use many lotions, other than baby lotion.

This does not give me irriation or eruptions and keeps the bugs away.

I use a variation of this every evening that it is good weather at night

at home, sitting on the patio. I've not gotten bit yet.  

Was at the garden tonight downtown and didn't spray my hair and could feel a mosquito buzzing around, so if you're going to be out and about at mosquito time, spray much of your body.  I didn't get any bites though. It smells great, but nobody wants to breathe it in, so turn head if spraying around your hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment